We provide all students with the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive training schedule designed to improve all attributes of your game.
With the chance to compete in the highest level national and regional competitions our detailed, positional-specific, training programme will enable you to develop your technical, tactical, mental and physical attributes.
Why be part of our Rugby Academy?
- Specialist position-specific coaching - a key strength of the programme
- Top facilities and equipment
- Five days per week training programme (three rugby sessions and two gym sessions)
- Pre-season training sessions
- Weekly fixtures (normally on Wednesday)
- Opportunity to play in national and regional competitions, testing yourself against the best schools and colleges in England (including Essex Cup, Daily Mail Trophy, NatWest Schools Cup & Vase, Elite League, Elite Cup and Regional 10s tournament)
- Access to a first-class physiotherapist
- Access to a strength and conditioning specialist
- Guest coaches who have played at a high level.
Your training programme will include:
- Individual strength and conditioning programme
- Speed and power
- Reaction time
- Contact skills
- Position specific training
- Team cohesion.
The Coaching Team
Our coaching team is made up of three team coaches, a Strength & Conditioning Coach and a Sports Rehabilitator. Each member of the team will play a vital role in your development as a player both on and off the field.
All coaches have valuable experience and many of them still work or compete within the sporting industry.