We offer aspiring male and female football players in Essex the opportunity to compete in elite national competitions while continuing with post-16 full-time education.
Our Football Academy has built a strong reputation over the years for being one of the strongest teams nationally and we are the only team in the South East to play in the highest college national league.
The Men's team compete in a range of leagues and cups including the:
- AoC National Premier League
- National Cups
- ESFA National Super League
- 7-a-side AoC Nationals.
The academy has seen many players success within their football career including Premier League players for Sheffield United and Crystal Palace. As well as this we have a strong link with the US where many students go on to complete scholarships abroad.
You will benefit from:
- Your own, personalised Strength & Conditioning Programme, designed to improve your speed, strength and agility
- A full-time training programme alongside your studies
- Video analysis sessions to improve all aspects of your game
- The chance to compete in the highest level college competition in England.
- National League runners-up
- Essex Premier winners
- National Super League Semi-Finalists (cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Essex League Cup Finalists (cancelled due to COVID-19)
- National League - third place
- National League runners-up
- Essex League Cup Champions
- Essex Champions
Our Women’s Football Academy has developed over recent years building a strong reputation for being one of the leading College teams nationally. We provide each student with an extensive training programme which helps them to make the jump from girl's football to women's football.
Our Women's Academy compete in competitions weekly which include:
- National Football Youth League
- ECFA National Super League
- AoC Regional and National Tournaments.
We strive to establish a culture of the ‘student-athlete’ where we focus on your performance academically, athletically and within the community.
Many of our students have successfully gained Scholarships in the USA, with the majority receiving these places after a College trip to America.
Women's Football Success
- Semi-Finalists in the AoC Women's Knockout Cup
- AoC National Championship Eastern Region Gold Medallists
- AoC Category 1 Premier Division Winners
- AoC National 7 a-side Bronze Medallists
- AoC National Competition 7 a-side Silver Medallists
Your weekly football training schedule
In this training session, we will focus on the physical, social & technical aspects of the game to prepare for any upcoming matches. This training session will be followed by a team meeting.
Tactical training, working on shapes and phases within a game.
Every Wednesday will see the team compete in a match, whether this is a friendly, league or cup game.
Game-based training with recaps and improvements from Wednesday's game.
My experience at USP Storm Football Academy has been unreal. I have travelled all around the country, playing some of the best colleges, whilst also being able to train alongside the best players in the area which tested me both as a player and a person.
The coaching is the best I have had to date, from developing individuals and being taught the technical side, we drilled into the basics which improved my game more than I ever thought it would!
To be part of our Storm Football Academy you must be studying a course at the College. We offer a variety of A-Levels and Vocation Courses which allow you to complete you studies whilst training in our academy.
Offering exceptional courses, USP College is an excellent place to study.